Friday, September 18, 2009

Dokta Citrus, paging Dokta Citrus

Unlike other bloggers, my job of machining requires alot of focus on tedious tasks, and leaves little room for horseplay, let alone Lokisions. I am, of course, a Discordian, and so that shouldn't stop me. I spent the first 3 hours at work today going without the letter "E," hoping others would notice. They just thought I was pretending to be a dullard. So, to hammer my point, I simply yelled every time I heard others utilize the letter. Again, the point was lost on them (It's a loud shop, and my co-workers are used to my outbursts), and so 15 minutes later, and with a parched throat, I decided I needed a new way to entertain myself, all the while spread my beliefs like whale blubber on an infant.

It hit me. You know who's birthday it is? Me neither. I went into the cleaning locker, and took out a bunch of plastic bags. I then filled the bags with oily cloths, ripped up a peice of paper, wrote HAPPY BIRTHDAY on them, and sneakily went around and deposited them on my coworker's tables. Content with my lame albiet time-consuming task, I sat down at my machine, hoping the next 8 hours would go by fast.

It hit me. This time, physically. Apparently, I was not as sneaky as I would have liked, and one of the more rambunctious collegues whipped the bag at my head. Unforseen, sure, but I could work with that! In time, the entire shop was throwing these festive missles at each other, the the grayface of boring work was averted.

Moral: I need a better job.

Daily Discord: Convince someone you are from an hour into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment